Every company should take road safety seriously and employ different methods to ensure that their drivers can reach their destination safely. Daily vehicle pre-use checks shouldn’t be performed just for compliance. They are an effective and simple way to detect potentially dangerous defects and issues before vehicles get on the road.
With a vehicle inspection checklist, you will have a system of routine daily inspections in place to make sure that your commercial vehicles are safe, in good working order, and fit for use at the beginning of each work shift. As for your company’s profitability, there are many ways in which adequate and regular checks can contribute to your bottom-line.
- Spending less on gas. In case there are issues that increase a vehicle’s fuel consumption, your vehicle might be operating at a higher cost. Daily pre-use vehicle checks will help you identify those issues.
- Keeping insurance costs low. Operating a faulty vehicle is dangerous and can lead to serious injury or fatality. Companies should use daily pre-use safety inspection to keep their drivers from operating faulty vehicles, lower workplace injury incident rate, and avoid higher premiums for workers’ compensation and health plans.
- Extending the life of your vehicles. Vehicles that are regularly and adequately maintained and verified to be in optimal working condition last longer. Inspections reduce the costs of repairs and replacement, maximizing your vehicles’ value and extending their life.
- Preventative maintenance. We cannot emphasize enough the importance of preventative maintenance. The first significant benefit of preventative maintenance is preventing small problems to grow into bigger (and costlier) ones. Otherwise, vehicles might get damaged to a point beyond repair. Giving your vehicles attention they need will also help decrease their downtime. Instead of having a vehicle sit in the garage, preventative maintenance will ensure that you maximize its service.
- Limiting liability exposure. Safety laws and regulations require companies to inspect their vehicles before use. Regular inspections will keep the government from penalizing you, but even more important, you will have a document of a pre-use inspection in case of an accident. That document will limit your company’s liability exposure and protect it from non-compliance penalties and fines.
- Improved customer satisfaction. Excellent customer experience is a huge plus to your company’s reputation. Knowing that your vehicles are in good working condition makes them reliable. There will be less breakdowns on the road, and your services will be delivered on time. That will positively affect the customer’s experience and satisfaction, helping you build a good reputation, which will bring in more customers. Also, showing people a flawless car with your company logo on the streets creates a positive impression of your company. It’s an offline marketing method that indirectly supports your revenue growth.
Safety, protection, and profitability result from diligent safety inspections. When your vehicles are checked every day before use, you will be sure that they are in compliance with regulations, that they will not break down on the road, and that they will keep your staff safe. To ensure a proper vehicle inspection, you can use The Checker inspection checklists or The Checker cloud-based inspection software.